ONLINE ACADEMY

All Ages and Abilities! Register for private one-on-one or masterclass sessions with Nina Assimakopoulos. Courses include Flute Lessons, One-on-One Career/College/Audition Coaching for all musicians, and Masterclasses.

 
 

INFORMATION

Course Pricing:

Course A: $800

•The Virtuosic Flutist, Brilliant Studies for the Next Step and Beyond book (Hard Copy or Digital)

•Nine One-Hour One-on-One Online Sessions. Choose from: Breathing • Tone Color • Intonation • Grounding • Vibrato   Articulation • Finger Technique • Repertoire • Practice Strategies • Career/College Preparedness Coaching

Course B: $540

•The Virtuosic Flutist, Brilliant Studies for the Next Step and Beyond book (Hard Copy or Digital)

•Six One-Hour One-on-One Online Sessions. Choose from: Breathing • Tone Color • Intonation • Grounding • Vibrato   Articulation • Finger Technique • Repertoire • Practice Strategies • Career/College Preparedness Coaching

Course C: $360

•The Virtuosic Flutist, Brilliant Studies for the Next Step and Beyond book (Hard Copy or Digital)

•Four One-Hour One-on-One Online Sessions. Breathing • Tone Color • Intonation • Grounding • Vibrato   Articulation • Finger Technique • Repertoire • Practice Strategies • Career/College Preparedness Coaching

Course D: $300

•The Virtuosic Flutist, Brilliant Studies for the Next Step and Beyond book (Hard Copy or Digital)

•Three One-Hour One-on-One Online Sessions. Choose from: Breathing • Tone Color • Intonation • Grounding • Vibrato   Articulation • Finger Technique • Repertoire • Practice Strategies • Career/College Preparedness Coaching

Masterclasses: $45

Individual Sessions:

•Individual sessions may also be booked at the following rates: $95/one hour; $135/ninety-minutes

Scheduling:

•We will work together to select dates and times for our sessions in advance. All sessions will be confirmed via email and scheduled according to Eastern Standard Time (New York Time). We will collaborate on objectives for our sessions including areas of focus, goals, strategies, repertoire etc. and create a general outline for the course sessions.

Session Location:

•We will meet for sessions via Zoom video conferencing during our scheduled session time. The Zoom room is set to allow you to enter any time. Your video has been set to off but you may turn it on manually when we start or you enter the room. I encourage recording our session and will assist with this at the beginning of our session.

What you will need:

•You will need a computer/tablet/phone with access to data or internet.  For performance/lesson sessions you will need a personal listed or unlisted YouTube channel and video recording device (smart phones, tablets, video camera, etc.).

Performance-based sessions: (lessons with instruments):

•Please send me scans of any repertoire we will be covering via email attachment.

•We will use a combination of video recording/critique and real-time online video conferencing. To prepare for your lesson session please create one or two videos not to exceed 20 minutes total in which you introduce the lesson material you are recording and any objectives or goals that you have. If you are recording different topics such as technical exercises and repertoire please place each in its own video file. After playing a portion/section narrate what you noticed about your playing including what questions you have and what aspects you would like us to address when we meet in real time.

•Upload your videos onto your YouTube Channel; include in your upload title: name, topic and date.  For example: Jimmy, tapers and intonation, June 15, 2020. Please send the links to your video(s) via email two or more days before your scheduled lesson.

•20-30 minutes of your lesson will include my review and note taking of these videos. We will meet following this review for 40 minutes of real-time online session.

•Lesson set up: pick a quiet non-distracting space with good internet access; set up your tablet/computer and accessories (tri-pod; earbuds; microphone); have flute and paper/writing utensil handy; set up music and music stand/other to hold music. I encourage recording via Zoom. You may wish to have a phone voice memo App handy to record with as well.

Payment:

•Course A: 60% of payment is due upon booking/prior to the first session. Remaining 40% is due by end of session 4. Course B: 60% of payment is due upon booking/prior to the first session. Remaining 40% is due by end of session 3. Course C and D: 60% of payment is due upon booking/prior to the first session. Remaining 40% is due prior to session 2.

•Preferred payment is via Venmo. Other forms of payment include check mailed/cleared in advance and Transunion or PayPal invoicing (Invoice will include any processing fees. For PayPal these are: 3% in the US and 4.5% international.

Cancellation/Rescheduling/Refunds:

•Cancellations/request to reschedule made by the client 48 hours or more in advance will be rescheduled. Cancellations of rescheduled sessions will not be rescheduled. Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance by the client will be ‘rescheduled’ as a written performance critique for performance lesson sessions or via update/email exchange for coaching sessions (there will not be a meeting time for these).

•Any Cancellation/request to reschedule made by Nina Assimakopoulos will be rescheduled.

•There are no course refunds.

Other/About Zoom:

•Any other questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach out with your questions!

Zoom: Students do not need a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting, but prior to attending you must download the Zoom app. If it is not installed, the system will walk you through the steps to install the application.

See the download page: https://zoom.us/download.

More info: How to Join a Zoom Meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting